Safe Haven Advocate Pet Care & Photography
It is best to keep your pet(s) in an environment where they are familiar, comfortable and feel safe. The goal is to alleviate as much fear, anxiety and stress from your pet(s) as possible while you are away. Therefore, Safe Haven Advocate is based around staying at clients’ homes for their pets’ care, not vice versa.
It is so important to have someone who can truly CARE for and BOND with your pet(s).
Our elite team of Fear Free pet care specialists are made up of a diverse group of medically trained, experienced, certified & very passionate individuals who will go above and beyond and treat your best friends as if they were their very own.
For the utmost safety of your home and your pets, We are a licensed, bonded and fully insured business.
Exceptional Services Provided:
* Daily Dog-Walking
* Feeding & Playtime home visit services
* In-Client-Home Pet sitting
* Overnight care
* Medication Administration
(Including oral, injections, topical, and SQ fluid administration)
* Post Surgical Care & Rehabilitation
* Ill patient / Hospice care
* In-home nail trims, ear cleaning, oral health maintenance
* Equine, Barnyard Animal, Small Mammal & Exotic care
* Dog Training – Utilizing a force free approach, positive reinforcement technique; Yet never a one-size-fits-all program.
– Puppy Obedience & Socialization
– Counter Conditioning
– Adult Obedience
– Behavior Modification
* PetSaver First Aid, CPR & Emergency Care Seminar Instruction Workshops
Listed in:Canine Nutrition
Human & Pet CPR & First Aid Training
About this Pet Tech® member:
View This Member's Profile
She also attended schooling to become an Illinois and Nationally licensed Emergency Medical Technician with a collegiate certificate in Paramedicine.
Carrie is the proud owner of a specialty pet care business in the Elgin area; Safe Haven Advocate Pet Care & Photography, LLC.
She has a wide range of experience and a knowledge base that has been an asset to her staff, clients and students, alike.
She is a certified Professional Pet Care Specialist & Certified Level 2 Fear Free Handler with experience with dogs, cats, horses, small mammals, and exotics of an abundance of breeds and behaviors. Although she adores caring for all - big and small, in order to provide the utmost standard of care of their clients, Carrie specializes in the care of pets with special needs and unique medical and behavioral considerations.
Carrie serves a large rescue base, volunteering her extra time and heart as a sponsor, pet partner, and photographer to animals in need.
Pet Care education is something that she takes very seriously, therefore, she takes pride in being as detailed and thorough as possible, giving students a better understanding of WHY and now just HOW.
In the future, Carrie aspires to hold a specialized program for EMS, Fire, Police & K-9 Officers to educate and aid first responders in the proper care of dogs and cats that are found on the scene of an emergency.
Carrie has been honored in winning awards such as:
• PSI's International Pet Sitter of the Year
• NAPPS Business of the Year
• Rising Star Category Finalist for the Professional Pet Industry's Woman of the Year
• Angie's List Super Service Business Award
Pet Tech Badges Earned: